Our local school district partners are an integral part of the success of the Terrapin Teachers program.
Prince George's County Public Schools
- Adelphi Elementary School
- Berwyn Heights Elementary School
- College Park Academy
- Cool Spring Elementary School
- Hyattsville Elementary School
- Hyattsville Middle School
- Lamont Elementary School
- Lewisdale Elementary School
- Nicholas Orem Middle School
- Paint Branch Elementary School
- Springhill Lake Elementary School
Montgomery County Public Schools
Local public school teachers work closely with our undergraduates to develop inquiry-based lessons in science and math. Teachers provide constructive feedback to help undergraduates build upon their knowledge base.
NCTM Illuminations--National Council of Teachers of Mathematics; lessons and interactive applications for K-12 mathematics students
Common Core Mathematics Standards--Use this website to access the Maryland Common Core Mathematics Standards and Mathematical Practices.
Mathematics Assessment Project—math lessons and tasks (middle/high)
- Chapin, S., O’Connor, C., & Anderson, N. (2013). Classroom discussions in math: A teacher’s guide for using talk moves to support the Common Core and more. Sausalito, CA: Scholastic.