Our local school district partners are so important and are an integral part of the success of the program.
Local public school teachers work closely with our undergraduates to develop inquiry-based lessons in science and math. Teachers provide constructive feedback to help undergraduates build upon their knowledge base.
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
NCTM Illuminations--National Council of Teachers of Mathematics; lessons and interactive applications for K-12 mathematics students
- Common Core Mathematics Standards--Use this website to access the Maryland Common Core Mathematics Standards and Mathematical Practices.
- Library of mathematics tasks
Mathematics Assessment Project—math lessons and tasks (middle/high)
- Searchable library of engineering challenges.
- Engineering challenges
- STEM lessons and resources
- Chapin, S., O’Connor, C., & Anderson, N. (2013). Classroom discussions in math: A teacher’s guide for using talk moves to support the Common Core and more. Sausalito, CA: Scholastic.